Terms & Conditions
TENT HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions form an integral part of your hire contract with LZAF Limited trading as Tent2Hire, hereinafter referred to as the “Company”. The Company registered number is 7674862 Registered Office is Unit 2 Thornhill Works Billingshurst Road Coolham RH13 8QN.
The “Hirer” is the person whose name & address appears at the top of the hire contract of which these terms and conditions form a part. The hirer must be at least 18 years old. The Hirer accepts full legal liability for all the equipment listed on the hire contract(s) irrespective of whether the equipment is for the Hirer’s personal use, or that of another member of his/her party, booking under the same contract booking number.
“Equipment” includes Tents, Marquees, Camping Furniture & any other item(s) hired by the Hirer from the Company. The hire period is the date from which the equipment is collected/received by the hirer from the Company or it’s agents, until the date that the hirer is due to return the equipment. Both these dates are clearly stated on the hire contract.
Conditions of Hire
1.You must bring your hire contract or confirmation with you to collect your equipment. The Company reserves the right not to hand over any equipment if the Hirer cannot properly identify himself/herself. In these circumstances no refund will be given.
- The Hirer or his/her agent will sign a receipt for the equipment on collection. By signing, the Hirer or his\her agent acknowledges that they have inspected the equipment & confirms that it is the equipment ordered & that it is in satisfactory working order and condition.
3.The Hirer accepts full personal liability for the equipment from the time he\she receives it from a member of the Company’s staff or agents, until it is returned to the Company at the end of the hire period.
3.1 The hirer shall not remove any labels from and interfere with the equipment, their working mechanisms or any part of them and shall take reasonable care of the equipment whilst on hire.
3.2 The hirer will take adequate and proper measurers to protect the equipment from theft, damage and or risks such as adverse weather.
3.3 Where the hire goods require fuel, oil/or electricity ensure that the proper type and or voltage is used and that where appropriate, the equipment are properly installed by a qualified and competent person.
- Replacement Costs the Company reserves the right to charge the hirer the full replacement cost of such equipment in the event that it becomes damaged, lost or stolen during the period of hire, or until it has been returned to the Company. In the first instance if possible we will only charge for the replacement parts and labour to repair the damage otherwise the replacement costs are as follows:
Vango Alpha 400 £100, Vango Berkley 500 £180, Dart £80, Vango Edoras £1000, Vango Iris 500 £300 Iris 600 £350 Vango Hogan Hub £220 Vango Palena 600 £550, Palena Canopy £200, Vango Rivendale 800 £1270, Vango Stanford 800 £450 Kampa Watergate 800 £450 Vango Woburn 400 £280 Woburn 500 £300
Camping Furniture at RRP.
- Pitching of the Tent If a charge has been made by the company for pitching/dismantling the tent it is clearly stated on the contract and the fee includes the labour to erect said item(s). It is the responsibility of the hirer to:
5.1. Make sure the site is clear of services to a depth of 1 Metre of Gas, Electricity, Water and drainage pipes – any damage caused if present will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
5.2. There is at least 1 Metre of spare area around the circumference of the Tent. The Company will still endeavour to pitch the Tent where there is insufficient spare area but the Company cannot be held responsible for any damage or making good to garden beds, plants or other such property.
5.3. There is easy access to the site from the delivery vehicle.
5.4. The distance between vehicular parking and the installation site is no more than 75m and is a level, clear path.
5.5. The site will be clear of all obstacles and debris on the day of installation.
5.6. The site will be clear of people and animals during installation.
5.7. No BBQ’s or gas patio heaters will be used inside the Tent
5.8. That any build-up of pooled rain or snow is removed from the canopy.
5.9. All possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the equipment including climbing or hanging from the framework of the Tent.
5.10. No smoking is allowed inside the Tent.
5.11. In the event of strong winds ie: over 30-35 mph the hirer must check all guy ropes are still fastened down properly.
5.12. In extreme cases of severe wind it might even be necessary to lower the tent down.
5.13. The Hirer should keep any part of the equipment that is a framed structure or a tent completely closed and secure while not in use during the period of hire.
5.14. The Hire charges do not include any making good or repairing of damage to the site.
5.15. The Hirer is required to provide the contractor with either a plan showing the position in which the equipment is to be erected or should have a representative on the site for that purpose. In the absence of both then the company having erected the equipment where they think fit shall be deemed to have completed the contract.
5.16. The Hirer is responsible for giving notice to or obtaining permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must take application where necessary to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade and any similar authority or organisation. Any costs incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to the Company by the Hirer. Where appropriate obtain a licence from the Local Authority. Any requirements under the licence must be notified to us in writing, at least 28 days prior to erection. Should the Company for any reason be unable to comply with these requirements, then the Contract will become void and the customer advised accordingly.
5.17. The Company will allow the hirer to decorate the equipment with any decorations it deems fit for their function on the understanding that they are completely removed including all tape/string and or other materials before the company takes down the equipment. The hirer is also fully responsible for any damage/staining of the equipment that may be caused by said items of decorations.
The company will allow the hirer to change the details once free of charge after you have completed your booking, subject to the equipment still being available. The company will not accept any changes 7 days prior to your departure. All amendments must be in writing and sent by post, or e-mail to the Company. Any subsequent amendments will be charged at £10 per amendment.
- Cancellations. If the booking was made by Telephone or the Internet then the Hirer may cancel the contract up to seven working days after the contract was made and will receive a full refund of monies paid, provided that the cancellation is in writing and sent by post, or e-mail to the Company. Where the equipment has already been dispatched by carrier or to the location the hirer is due to pick up, then the Hirer will be liable for the costs of the dispatch and return of the goods. In such circumstances, the equipment must be returned unused to the Company, and within seven days of its receipt, or normal hire charges will apply.
The following cancellation charges will apply:
7.1 No refunds will be made for cancellations made within seven days from the commencement of the hire period.
7.2 Cancellations made between 8 to 20 days before the commencement of the hire period are subject to a fee 30% of the value of the hire contract, (subject to a minimum charge of £20 for Tents).
7.3 Cancellations for Tent hire made 20 days or more, before the commencement of the hirer period are subject to an administration charge of £10.
- Changes. It is possible that the equipment which you have pre-booked may have been lost or damaged by the previous hirer. In this event, the Company will endeavour to provide the Hirer with equipment of at least the same quality & value as that ordered by the Hirer. Should the Hirer not wish to take the alternative equipment offered, he/she will be entitled to a full refund in respect of the missing equipment. However, the Company accepts no further liability.
- Returning Equipment Late. If the equipment is returned after the OFF-hire date printed on the contract, the Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer at the daily rate of hire for each day the equipment is late up to the replacement cost of the equipment, as specified in paragraph “4” above, together with any legal fees or associated recovery costs.
For all equipment that is collected by the Hirer and erected by the Hirer we require a Minimum £100 Deposit at the time of delivery. In the event that the equipment is, damaged beyond repair, damaged, or dirty beyond normal wear and tear a fee will be deducted from this deposit. See Terms 4, 11 &12 for indicative charges.
- Cleaning of the Tent Whilst we accept it may not be possible to fully clean the tent before returning it because of the weather conditions. The company reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of £20 per tent up to 4 man size and £50 for larger tents if the equipment is returned in a dirty state and has to be fully cleaned. The company also reserves the right if two or more tents are hired and the poles and bedrooms are not packed away correctly to charge a £10 sorting fee per tent. The amount will be deducted from your deposit
- Damage Charges for Tents. Here is a guideline of charges for damage to tents. These charges will be notified to the hirer before being deducted from the deposit. Broken pole £15 and each pole thereafter £5, Guy ropes £5, Small straight tears under 15 cms in length £5 larger tears POA, Broken Zips £50.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse to hire equipment to any client with whom it does not wish to enter into a contractual relationship. The Company reserves the right to cancel a contract at any time & without notice, whereupon it will refund to the hirer any monies paid. Following such a refund, no further liability will exist between the hirer & the Company.
- Save as provided in these conditions & to the extent that the exclusion or restriction of liability may be prohibited by statute, the Company will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury caused, directly or indirectly by the equipment or its use. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- FORCE MAJEURE. While every effort will be made by the Company to carry out any order accepted the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the Company consequent upon Act of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lockouts or any other disturbances. Fire, Flood, Storm, Gale or Tempest restrictions on the use of Transport, Fuel or Power. Requisitioning Storage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
Version November 2017
Tent2hire is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tent2hire may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
name and job title
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We accept payments from Visa, Mastercard, Access, Switch, Solo, Delta, Visa Electron cards. Plus you can also use any funds from your Paypal account. For your security, all our credit card transactions are processed by Worldpay. Your credit card details are encrypted and held securely.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Unit 2 Thornhill Works, Billingshurst Road, Coolham, West Sussex RH13 8QN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.